Investor Terms of Service
At liwwa, Inc. it is important to us that our investors fully understand the transaction structure, the fees, and the risks inherent in investing through the liwwa site. Please read the following terms carefully and check the box to signify your understanding and agreement to these terms:
- Investors on liwwa face the risk that borrowers will default on their loans. liwwa’s ability to transfer payments to the investor is wholly dependent upon the borrower issuing the payment to liwwa. The risks of investing through liwwa, as with any other form of investment, mean that investors may lose all or part of their investment. It is important to us that liwwa’s incentives and risks are aligned with those of the investors, as such, we only receive our service fee when all of the investors in a campaign have received the payments that are due to them. liwwa conducts a thorough assessment of borrowers' credit risk and assigns them proprietary scores. It's the investor's responsibility to decide on the investments that best suit their risk appetite.
- Borrowers do not get funded until the full amount of the funding campaign is pledged by investors.
- liwwa operates a marketplace lending site which allows retail (i.e., individual) lenders to lend to borrowers. The company also allows banks and other institutional lenders to lend through the site. Some of these lenders may have access to more information about borrowers than retail lenders have, particularly if they have access to third-party databases.
- When you pledge money to a funding campaign, the money will not be available for withdrawals or for pledging in other campaigns unless the campaign is cancelled, or doesn't reach its funding goal by the Pledging End Date.
- Funds invested from one country must be withdrawn to a bank account in that same country.
- When a loan gets funded, liwwa will sign a murabaha contract with the borrower. The details of the contract differ from one funding campaign to another, check the campaign details when pledging for more information.
- When borrowers make scheduled payments, liwwa will take a service fee and the rest goes straight to your liwwa account. You may withdraw the amount or pledge it in different campaigns once it becomes available in your liwwa account. You can find the exact liwwa service fee in the "More details" section of each campaign.
- While campaigns on liwwa are denominated in U.S. Dollars, loans and repayments are disbursed in the borrower's local currency. liwwa commits to disburse payment to your liwwa account in U.S. Dollars at the exchange rate effective at the time the payment is made by the borrower.